This course is aimed at teens who want to express their creative ideas and unleash their imagination through writing. No matter what form of literature they enjoy most - be it novels, poetry, short stories, or writing for the stage and screen - students can learn new writing techniques, get feedback on their work, and discover an outlet for their creative energy.
Instruction and Evaluation: Students will be required to complete the majority of their writing at home, outside of class time. Lessons will be used to introduce writing techniques, provide feedback ion work they have already done, and to exchange ideas and creative inspiration.
Assignments (in addition to to ongoing redrafting process): one sonnet, one collection of poetry, one short story, two character descriptions, one storyboard and plot timeline for either a novel or play
Who Is It Designed for? To join the course students should have at least B1 level in accordance with the Common European Framework for Languages (CERF), i.e. B1, B2, C1.
- 3 modules of 24 academic hours each
- Fridays - 2:00 PM - 4:10 PM (with a 10-minute break at the American College of Sofia)
- Module 1: October 20, 2023 - December 15, 2023
- Module 2: January 12, 2024 - March 1, 2024
- Module 3: March 8, 2024 - May 17, 2024
Benefits of taking the course
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- use figurative imagery
- write with fluidity and cohesion
- maintain their readers' interest
- develop complex and layered characters
- strategically employ appropriate techniques in writing
- condense ideas, themes and rhetorical devices into a short story
- write with a clear style and point of view
|Price per module||560 BGN|
|Price for 2 modules||1010 BGN|
|Price for module 1, module 2 and module 3||1500 BGN|