English Through Art
English through Art is a well-known course of the American College of Sofia. It combines English language learning with the completion of exciting applied art projects. Half of the course is devoted to acquiring new language skills aiming at teaching the youngest children how to read and write, enrich their vocabulary, upgrade their communication skills and use the all-English environment for language practice. The other half of the course is dedicated to mastering the acquired language skills in a relaxed and funny way through art activities that foster creativity and make children experiment with different art forms. Children complete different creative tasks, develop their personal capacity for self-expression and dare to experiment. The aim of the course is to facilitate English learning by art expressions, to use art to support the emotional acceptance of the language, to stimulate creativity and intelligence and educate tolerance in communications. The course is taught by a team of teachers: a teacher of English and a teacher of Arts.
Who Is It Designed for? For young children between 6 – 11 years old who have basic knowledge of English, i.e. they are not absolute beginners. These students know the alphabet, they can write their name in English, etc.
- The first group 6-7 years old with limited knowledge of English. This is a Level 1 course, the equivalent of pre A1 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- The second group 8-9 years old who have mastered basic communication skills. This level covers the first part of A1 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- The third group is 9-10 years old who have acquired the skills of the first part of A1. the level covers the second part of A1 (CEFR).
- The fourth group is -11 years old. This is an A2 course (CEFR).
Duration & Schedule:
- 2 modules of 60 academic hours each
- Saturdays - 1:30pm to 5:10pm
- Module 1: October 21, 2023 - January 27, 2024
- Module 2: February 10, 2024 - May 25, 2024
Benefits of taking the course:
Children build language skills over time by thriving in a fun and creative all-English environment. They complete fantastic art projects with a specialist English-speaking art teacher, and master their English language skills with a native British teacher. Children are trained to communicate effectively in an English language environment and gain confidence in everyday situations. Depending on their age, they either start reading or improve their reading and writing skills, upgrade their vocabulary on various topics, and have the chance for a total immersion in an English-speaking environment.
|Early price per module||1370 BGN|
|Early price for module 1 and module 2||2500 BGN|
|Regular price per module||1470 BGN|
|Regular price for module 1 and module 2||2650 BGN|
* Early Registration Fees (Valid until September 15, 2023)
** VAT included
*** Discounts (each participant can take advantage of no more than one discount)
- 10% for 2nd and 3rd client from the same family
- Clients from SY 2022-2023 take advantage of the early registration price throughout the whole SY 2023-2024