English & Science
English & Science is a course we introduced in 2018 based on the successful experience of our spring and summer programs. English training is more fun when practiced outdoors, or in relation to nature. Half of the course is devoted to acquiring new language skills aiming to teach the young children to read and write, enrich their vocabulary, upgrade their communication skills and use the all-English environment for language practice and immersion. The other half is dedicated to science. Exploratory education has been proven to be the most communication-rich, making our science lessons the perfect place to consolidate and strengthen the content learned in our English lessons. Natural and experimental science nurture a wide range of skills and knowledge essential to developing well-rounded children. Completing projects and investigations fosters concept development, helps children expand their ideas, encourages children to use open-ended questions, and builds advanced language skills. By completing course reports children get extended writing practice. Blessed with rich natural surroundings overflowing with fascinating ecological systems, ACS is the perfect place for exploring the natural world. Wondering, discovering, and exploring come naturally to children. Our team consists of highly qualified teachers: a science teacher and a teacher is English.
Who Is It Designed for? For young children between 6 – 11 years old who have basic knowledge of English, i.e. they are not absolute beginners. These students know the alphabet, they can write their name in English, etc.
- The first group 6-7 years old with limited knowledge of English. This is a Level 1 course, the equivalent of pre A1 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- The second group 8-9 years old who have mastered basic communication skills. This level covers the first part of A1 in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- The third group is 9-10 years old who have acquired the skills of the first part of A1. the level covers the second part of A1 (CEFR).
- The fourth group is for 11 years old. This is an A2 course (CEFR).
Duration & Schedule:
- 2 modules of 60 academic hours each
- Wednesday - 1:30pm - 5:10pm
- Module 1: October 11, 2023 - January 31, 2024
- Module 2: February 7, 2024 - May 29, 2024
Benefits of taking the course:
Children build language skills over time by thriving in a fun and creative all-English environment. They go on a journey of exploration of the world of science and gain a wealth of vocabulary related to nature and surrounding environment. Children are trained to communicate effectively and gain confidence in everyday situations by a native British teacher. Depending on their age, they either start reading or improve their reading and writing skills, upgrade their vocabulary on various topics, and have the chance for a total immersion in an English-speaking environment.
|Early price per module||1370 BGN|
|Early price for module 1 and module 2||2500 BGN|
|Regular price per module||1470 BGN|
|Regular price for module 1 and module 2||2650 BGN|
* Early Registration Fees (Valid until September 15, 2023)
** VAT included
*** Discounts (each participant can take advantage of no more than one discount)
- 10% for 2nd and 3rd client from the same family
- Clients from SY 2022-2023 take advantage of the early registration price throughout the whole SY 2023-2024