Read & Converse
Speak with confidence
Do you struggle with pronunciation and confidence in speaking? Do you want to increase your English vocabulary and comprehension?
This course aims to provide a book-club-inspired class where students will be immersed into the world of English language and literature, the culture of reading, and conversational English.
Often overlooked, reading is an essential element in learning a foreign language. It exposes the reader to a variety of other language elements like grammar, writing styles, and vocabulary. It helps the students to increase and improve the use of a broader range of vocabulary, evaluate and analyze themes relating back to contemporary ideas, and increase overall fluency.
Course Content & Description
- Reading Styles: Skimming, scanning, and in-depth reading
- Textual analysis – Close reading / detail
- Literary styles
- Thematic discussions
- Building Vocabulary
- Enhancing Pronunciation
- Note-taking and reading comprehension style discussion
- Connotations and contemporary reflection
- Character, plot, contemporary themes, construct, revise, and question
Who is this course for? Adults (18+) who want to practice English, become fluent speakers and immerse into another culture. The required level of English is B2.
Duration & Schedule:
- 2 modules of 36 academic hours
- Wednesday - 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Module 1: October 18, 2023 - January 31, 2024
- Module 2: February 21, 2023 - May 23, 2024
|Price per module||850 BGN|
|Price for module 1 & module 2||1550 BGN|